Wednesday 8 January 2014

Shock As 18-Yr-Old BoyNarrates How He Killed 12-Yr-Old Girl For Money RitualIn Lagos

The Lagos State Police Command on
Tuesday announced the arrest of an
18-year old boy, Ikechukwu Friday
for allegedly strangulating a 12-year
old girl to death for money ritual
purposes.
The suspect, who is currently
cooling his heels at the State
Criminal Investigation Department,
SCID, Panti, Yaba, was paraded
before newsmen.
According to him, his quest to
become rich led him to a pastor,
who purportedly instructed him to
kill a young girl and obtain her
faeces, with a promise of N100, 000
if he was able to accomplish the
task.
He said, “I attend a popular church
around Ketu Street, Aguda, but I
live with my parents in Badagry. I
just finished secondary school and I
have been very broke. So, I
approached the pastor for money,
but he told me that I should
strangulate a little girl.
“He explained that while
strangulating the girl, she would
pass out faeces in the throes of
death. The pastor said I should
obtain the faeces and bring it to
him. He said if I could do this, he
would give me N100, 000.
“On December 30, 2013, I
approached a young girl, Bose
Ogoja. Her mother sells food in
Badagry and I usually patronise
them; so she trusted me. I told the
girl that I wanted to show her
something and she should follow
me. I took her to an abandoned
NITEL building and locked the door.
“I squeezed her neck and truly, she
passed out faeces. I was, however,
not able to get the faeces because I
was caught before I could escape”.
The suspect, an indigene of Onitsha,
Anambra State, pleaded for
leniency, stressing that this was his
first crime.
Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi
Braide told reporters that the boy
was arrested by neighbours in the
area and handed over to the
Badagry Police Division.
Braide said the pastor, who
allegedly gave the suspect the
instruction had been arrested and
was already cooperating with the
police.
While displaying the gruesome
picture of the slain girl, Braide said,
“He was arrested in an
uncompleted building. The security
guard manning the building told the
police that he saw the Friday
entering the building with a 12-
year-old girl.
“He said a few minutes later, he
heard the girl screaming and later
saw the boy leaving. The security
guard raised the alarm and the
neighbours were alerted and they
arrested the suspect. On entering
the building, they discovered that
the girl was dead.
“The picture of the girl’s corpse
shows that the girl is unclad and her
faeces is on the floor”.

No comments:

Post a Comment