Monday 18 July 2016

Remi Tinubu applies for police protection, says Dino Melaye is a threat to her life

Senator Oluremi Tinubu has applied for police protection, following her issues with Dino Melaye. In a letter dated July 18 and received same date by the office of the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, Mrs Tinubu said her life was no longer safe following her fight with Senator Melaye. The letter entitled: Request for Police Protection’ reads:  
"I am Senator Oluremi Tinubu, representing the Lagos Central Senatorial District of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
"During the proceedings of the Senate on Tuesday, July, 14, 2016, I had cause to contribute to a matter of national importance. Apparently dissatisfied with my contributions, Senator Dino Melaye threw caution to the winds, resorted to vulgar abuse of my person and wanted to assault me.
"It was the timely intervention of a number of colleagues which prevented Senator Melaye from unleashing physical attack on me. However, as the leadership of the Senate did not call him to order in the circumstance, he proceeded to threaten my life without any provocation whatsoever.
"In view of Senator Melaye’s antecedent particularly in the House of Representatives where a brawl led to the untimely death of a member, I have decided not to ignore his threat to my life. Therefore, I'm compelled to urge you to use your good offices to provide me with adequate security.
"Please accept the assurances of my regards and esteem."

No comments:

Post a Comment