Friday 6 February 2015

Decomposed body of former Rangers Footballer found in family home in Anambra after dying 2years ago

The remains of Stephen Aloefuna, a former footballer with Rangers International Football Club in the 1980s was recently discovered in his family home in Amikwo Village in Awka South LGA after passing away about 2 years ago from mental illness.

According to Sunnewsonline, the sister of the late footballer, Miss Ngozi Aloefuna (pictured above), who is a popular food vendor at Eke-Awka market in Anambra, had kept the remains of her late younger brother in the family home after no family member wanted to be involved in his burial rites.


The remains of the late footballer was discovered after one of his brothers, Ifeanyi, returned home and demanded to be shown where his late brother was buried. Ngozi then took him to the room within the family compound where late Stephen passed away two years ago, his body already decomposed and turned into a skeleton. When interrogated, Miss Aloefuna said she had nothing sinister to do with her late brother's corpse, stating that she had been the one taking care of him since he came down with mental illness and finally died. Many believed she used his body part for her food business.
"I am innocent. I did not kill my brother. Everybody knew he had a mental problem and was seriously sick before he died. Before he died, I was the only person that was taking care of him for years and nobody asked me how he was faring until he died. They said I killed him and used his body to prepare the food that I sell but only God knows the truth. I leave it for God to judge. I decided to cover him till he, one of our brothers, comes back because only I cannot bury him. After two years of his death, some of our family members came and asked of him and I told them he is dead and they said I should show them his grave. I opened his room and showed them where he died. Then I was arrested and taken to the police station" she said

No comments:

Post a Comment