Tuesday 25 March 2014

REVEALED: Nigerians Discover New Avenue To Make Quick Money

Some years ago, only few Nigerians would claim to be conversant with sports betting. But with the unprecedented level of unemployment in the country, many Nigerians, young or old, have resorted to sports betting as a means of livelihood.

photo

HERE ARE LISTS OF ONLINE BETTING SITES YOU CAN REGISTER, CLICK ON ANY
NairaBet
SureBet
1960Bet
MerryBet

According to findings, most of the people who engage in the sports betting activities are youths, who often hide under the guise of club fanaticism to play the game.
"When we first started this business, many people would come to us to bet out of support for their various clubs. But right now, I can tell you that everybody is into it to make money," offered an operator of the betting game simply identified as Mr. Alabi in Jibowu, Lagos.
Like every other business venture, the sports betting business was not very popular and lucrative among entrepreneurs at the onset.  But now, hardly would you past a street in Lagos without noticing a sports bet shop.
"Honestly, it is looking more lucrative these days and it looks more like a short-cut for those who are not employed or want to make quick cash,” Alabi concluded.
However, one of the drawbacks to the sports betting business is the stigmatization attached to betting by most culture in the country.
Like an operator identified as Baba Bunmi, noted: "Some people come to stake their money in our shops in disguised because they do not want people to see them as 'gamblers'.
"But I can assure you that our customers cut across gender, age and economic status. I have been in this business for a very long time and I can categorically tell you that people are getting more addicted to the betting game, especially the youths.

"This is because they make a lot of money though we cannot say what they use the money for because most of the time they come back poorer than when they started betting.”

It is not uncommon to discover that most of those engaged in sports betting are conversant with names of foreign clubs, especially European clubs, which are not popular amongst the vast populace.

Commenting on this, a regular punter with the betting company, 1960bet, Adeyemi Abbey said: "I am a die-hard Arsenal fan but for the reason of this betting game, I know most of the Championship and lower league clubs in England because they are the ones who give us money often.”
On how lucrative is the business, Adeyemi said: "The betting stuff is like a game. You win some and you lose some.
“But on some very good occasions we win a lot of money. Unfortunately, we do not invest properly with the money because we are almost always sure of winning every other day so."
A secondary school student, who did not want his name mentioned, informed that: "One is just trying with the betting stuff.
“I've won about N45, 000 before with a game of just N200 so it is a game of luck.
"I am not totally addicted to it but I play it occasionally, especially when I am in dire need of cash.”
The student also added that one’s loyalty to a football club does not determine which club to place a bet.
 "I support Barcelona but to be honest, based on their form for some time now, I did not play an outright win on them.
"I would either play a double chance, that is a win or draw game so that I do not end up losing my money. It is always very funny but it is about money so, I do not take unnecessary risks.
"Most of the time, it is the unrecognized clubs that often help us win. For instance, Leiceter City in England and Salzburg in Austria, placing a bet on them is almost sure to guarantee some money in the bag for me.”
A married man, Mr. Soji Adedoyin, explained that sports betting are a lucrative avenue for unemployed youths to make money if they are intelligent and articulate in their dealing.
 He said: "The first time I played the game was when it was still being referred to as 'Baba Ijebu' and I needed money to pay for my house rent then.
"Fortunately for me, I won N150, 000. I was shocked because I never expected to win that much with my first attempt.
"Today, I play it often and it has helped me to acquire a lot of things in my home. But at times it could lead to heartbreak when the win does not come.”Judging from the recent death toll that happened at stampedes from the Nigerian Immigration recruitment exercises, there is no doubt that more Nigerians who are desperately in need of job would pick up interest in sports betting.

YOU CAN REGISTER HERE ON ANY HERE, AND CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT INSTANTLY
NairaBet
SureBet
1960Bet
MerryBet


READ MORE:  http://news.naij.com/62754.html

No comments:

Post a Comment