Wednesday 5 August 2015

Photo: Nigerian fashion designer excretes 44 wraps of cocaine

29-year-old fashion designer, Okechukwu Kingsley Ajaero has been arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) over allegations of unlawful importation and possession of 44 wraps of substances that tested positive for cocaine weighing 850grammes.

According to a statement by NDLEA, Okechukwu who hails from Abia state was arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos during the inward screening of passengers on a Qatar Airline flight arriving from Sao Paulo.

When interrogated, Okechukwu said
“I am a fashion designer by profession. I went to Brazil two years ago in search of better working conditions. This is my first time of trafficking in drugs and I got involved through friends. I was expecting 30,000 Euros as my profit. My business partner was to collect the drug from me while on transit in Qatar but he failed to show-up. I was compelled to come to Nigeria with the drugs but I excreted 30 on board the aircraft.”
NDLEA Chairman/Chief Executive, Ahmadu Giade said that the Agency will continue to pay attention to passengers coming from Brazil, saying
“Brazil is a source country for cocaine and we shall continue to beam our searchlight on this route. Those who seek to enrich themselves through drug trafficking shall be arrested and prosecuted”.
Okechukwu will be arraigned in court soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment